Monday, May 31, 2010

just something to bore you all with :P

I haven't done much of anything today...okay that's an understatement....I haven't done a single thing today except, sleep and read a book. Which you know I'm bored when I sleep in the middle of the day...I hate sleeping when it's daylight. I feel like it's a waste of a day. So it's been pretty boring but I did take some pics just now that I wanted to share. So bear with my weirdness. :P


This little bird has been perched on the very top of the tree right outside my window & for some reason I found it odd. He's just been sitting there...taking it all in I guess. Which I don't blame him. With the exception of Walmart across the street I have a pretty nice view.




Yes this picture is at a funny angle...but I like it! :D





This mountain is called West Mountain & I have actually been to the very top of it. It doesn't look it in the picture but it's quite a ways up. :D It was a bumpy ride up there but the view was well worth it! :D



I actually don't usually have my window blinds open (I have this weird fear of people looking in my windows....) but I've decided I should have them open more often. I like the view and oddly enough just opening my windows this evening put me in a better mood. :D

*Sidenote* I've had this urge all day to just write. I don't really know about what...but when I sat down to do it...nothing came out. I was just blank. It was strange. I had it in my head all day to write and write and write...and now nothing. Hmmm....

I've been thinking about school again. I looked up how much it would cost me to attend the Art Institute in SLC and for 4 years it would cost me a little over 90 grand. It's a lot of money and that enormous price tag is daunting to me. I've also been thinking about maybe just going back to UVU and getting a few of my basic photography classes out of the way but then when I think about it, I'm not sure they would transfer because the classes at UVU are for film photography and at AI it's digital photography. So I'm still up in the air about it.

To be honest, I really feel like I'm just stuck. Not really going anywhere. I look at all my friends who are finished with college and starting their lives, and where am I?! Not even close to being finished with school because I'm not in it, not liking my job, it just stinks. I'm not looking for pity or anything...and please don't tell me that "everything happens for a reason" or "things will turn around for you", I'm sick of hearing it all. I just want to get it off my chest. So please just let me.
I thought about it the other day & I've been graduated from high school for 5 years now. You know how they ask you "where do you see yourself in 5 years?", yeah...I sure didn't picture myself here. Granted I really do like living in Utah. It's beautiful and while I'm not a huge fan of the people, it's nothing personal. I'm just not a fan of people in general. :P But I always pictured myself graduated from college, with a career that I loved and possibly starting a family. I'm nowhere near that & it's a little disheartening when I think about it. However I keep telling myself that I have to look on the bright side. That something better is going to come along. Maybe that's why I don't want to hear "encouraging" words from other people, I'm sick of telling them to myself.

Well I know this ended up being a kind of a down-in-the-dumps post but maybe that was what my need to write was all about. Just to get it all off my chest.

Well until later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I dont know if this falls into the "encouraging words" category, but dont feel bad. Im 19, probably wont start college till after im 20 or 21, Ive been out of highschool for 2 almost 3 years and I still have no idea what I want to do. (At all...) So Im right there with you... And I feel guilty for still not knowing and not doing anything with my college life yet.