Sunday, June 27, 2010

...confusion of sorts...

It's probably none of my business and I probably shouldn't be writing about it here either.... ..... but it's bothering me.... .... so out it comes.... I apologize to you (you know who you are) now if I'm outta line for posting this.

I've been talking to a friend who is currently on a deployment. He's frustrated because his girlfriend has a "bad attitude" towards the military. Apparently she wants nothing to do with the military or anyone in it. She thinks that if she is involved she will have to move all the time, up-root family, make changes. That's not true. My friend is trying to map out his career in the military..... .... I know that they (meaning men and/or women in the military) can get jobs....good jobs....stateside....and not have to move around. But she doesn't see it that way, and he's torn because he doesn't know what she wants. He wants to come home (25 days and counting) and just take a break.... .... have fun, get reacquainted with everything....she doesn't. She wants him to jump right back into school and get that going. Personally....I think he should take a break.... he's been working hard over there.....for this country and everyone in it.....because he knows it's what he has to do. He's never shied away from the fact that he's in the Guard and when they say go, he goes.

It just is .... surprising is one word ..... that someone can look at a solider and not really say what they are doing is 'wrong' but be, I guess I would say disgusted, with them/it. Some people may not agree with the war....fine....I'm not gonna start in on politics because I don't follow them enough to understand .... but I understand that a solider does what he is told and people should respect that.....whether or not said person believes in the reasoning or not.

It doesn't help that I'm a sympathetic person (to a point) with people.....especially my friends. He has enough to deal with on deployment and doesn't need the stress of a girlfriend hating every minute of what he is doing in order to make sure she can do what she is doing.

It just bugs me....to no end actually....he's become a good friend of mine....and I find it unfair that someone that means so much to him is in a way giving him an ultimatum of sorts....his country or her....not that it's gotten to that point....but from my standpoint that is exactly what she is doing..... ....it's just not fair in my eyes. I know, I know, life is not fair....but come on.....

Again I apologize if I'm outta line....

No comments: