Time for another random work story:
First off--at the UPS Store we have several postmen that come in and pick up mail...it's rarely the same one for more than a few days in a row...anyways...
The one that came in today, his name is Jaret and he's the nicest one.--He had our route when I first started and then was moved so we usually never see him anymore...usually once every 4 months or so...okay...moving on...
He of course asked how I was doing, if I was done with school yet, etc. I told him that I haven't been in school for about a year and a half now (please don't judge me...financial circumstances have temporarily delayed my schooling) but that I was trying to get into the Art Institute in SLC. He proceeded to ask me what type of art I would be pursuing. I told him I would be going for photography. Of course that made him raise his eyebrows (like it does every time I tell people that's what I will be going to school for). He asked why (go figure) and I told him because I love it and why not make a career doing what I love? He said that was wise. That very few people do what they love for a living but those who do have such a better outlook on life and are generally just happier people. Smart man.
My point is that just because society tells us to go to college, get a degree and spend the rest of our lives making money to support ourselves, and our families if we have them, why just settle for something that brings in money but not be happy with it?
I will admit that I don't love my current job (as most people know). However, I plan on going back to school soon and pursue the career that will really make me happy.
Why doesn't everybody else do the same?
No comments:
Post a Comment