Saturday, October 20, 2012

getting there...

I can't believe that I am already 8 months along. It seems like just yesterday I found out I was having a baby. Time sure does fly. And while we do have a majority of what we need for little miss Aubrey's arrival; I still feel very unprepared. (Though I'm certain I am not alone...I keep hearing all first time mothers, and sometimes even with mothers with more than one child, never really feel prepared.) It's a constant, but surprisingly not overbearing, thought of "do I have what it takes?" "Can I actually do this?" I guess we will find out. :) 
But in all honesty, I am quite excited, despite the nerves. I have always looked forward to being a mother and having that little one who genuinely looks up to me and thinks the world of me simply because I am her mother; in the eyes of a child, that's all they need to know. :) I think it's going to be wonderful to be able to see the world through her eyes and be taken back to how simple life can be. While yes, I do she will grow out of the sweet innocence, while she has it, I plan on enjoying every minute of it with her. :) Experiencing the little stuff all over again, right beside her. :)

No comments: